Residence Permit in Portugal for Investment Purposes (ARI)
The “golden Visa” or ARI (Residence Permit in Portugal) for investment purposes is a temporary residence permit for citizens from countries outside the European Union (holders of valid Schengen Visas, or beneficiaries of Visa exemption), who fulfil certain requirements, essentially related to investment, the purchase of real estate and/or job creation, being released from the obligation to present the residence visa to enter national territory. Their holders have the right to family reunification, and may have access to a permanent residence and work permit, as well as Portuguese citizenship, in accordance with the legal provisions in force and to travel freely within the Schengen area (26 EU countries).
The residence permit is given initially for a period of 5 years, in which the requirements of its assignment must be maintained, with minimum periods of residence in the national territory during the years of validity of the authorisation. The authorisation may be extended for periods of 2 years, fulfilling the attribution requirements. All without prejudice to the holder, who may later apply for: permanent residence permit and or Portuguese nationality.
Applicants must meet at least one of three conditions:
- Capital transfer with a value equal to or above 1 million Euros;
- Creation of, at least, 10 job positions;
- Acquisition of real estate with a value equal to or above 500 thousand Euros.
- Passport or another valid travelling document
- Proof of legal entry and permanence in national territory
- Proof of health insurance
- Signed application enabling consultation of the Portuguese Criminal Record by SEF
- Criminal Record Certificate from the relevant authority of the applicant’s home country or from any other country where he / she resided for over a year
- As means of evidence of compliance with tax obligations, the applicant shall deliver a declaration proving the absence of debts issued by the Inland Revenue and Customs Authority and by the Social Security
Fo furher details or to present your application online go to the Portuguese Immigration and Borders offcial website